Catching Fish

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ihappyru

I started my Nano Tank with a live rock that had been in a display tank for corals that came and went for many years, and have uncountable hitch hikers in and on it :eek: I have clicking comming from inside of the rock and not knowing if it were a Mantis Shrimp or a Pistol Shrimp :?: I put 2 green chromis in the tank to see if they would be able to survive...... and they have! I've since dicovered I have a Pistol Shrimp. Now to catch the fish. My numorous attempts to catch them with a net failed....too fast, I bought a chamber fish trap.... too smart. I tried a trebble hook... still too smart! Not wanting to remove the rock or drain the tank and have them disapear behind the rock, I had to build a better "Mouse Trap" I Bought a few Shower Scrunchies...the kind that is netting and hangs on a rope ;) I took them apart and cut them in 6 inch pieces and started stuffing, filling all spaces and laeving just one opening to the front of the tank, then after not feeding them for a few days...in went the food, they came to the front of the tank willingly and at that point I stuffed the remaing area with the netting,then I continued to add netting, until I had a workable space....and with fishnet in hand... I scooped them into the net with grace and ease. They are loving their new living quarters... 120gl Reef Tank in my entry room :D

Last edited:
Back