Ceramic Glass Questions

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spllbnd2

Just curious if anyone has used or knows anything about Ceramic Glass? Neoceram and or PyroCeram are the known trade names that I've found.

From what I have been able to find is these types of glass? are for high heat applications. But I am curious if these offer any type of UV protection?

Any input on this stuff? I am looking at ordering a smaller sized piece of glass and was offered tempered glass or the ceramic glass stuff as an option. Dunno.

Cheers,
Alex

It seems that the pryocreme is used as a UV protectant.

"Chemical process sight glass, high temperature vision windows, heat insulators, commercial ovens / broilers, architectural and outdoor lighting, electronics and UV lightwave blocking applications."

sweet im gonna order a 16"x16" peice for my light because the peice i got now has an orange tint to it.

It seems that the pryocreme is used as a UV protectant.

"Chemical process sight glass, high temperature vision windows, heat insulators, commercial ovens / broilers, architectural and outdoor lighting, electronics and UV lightwave blocking applications."

Yep. That is what I gathered too when I read it. I am assuming that there has to be some UV protection if they mentioned it. Cost isn't to bad versus the tempered glass either. At least for a small piece that I am looking at.

Back