chaeto during cycle?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kcharm

If the point of the cycle is to get through the nitrogen cycle, wouldn't having something in the tank that used the different forms of nitrogen accelerate the process?

So, do I cycle with chaeto or without. If with, is anybody around Woodinville harvesting anytime soon? I need less then a fist sized chunck for my 2.5 gallon pico.

Ken

i would think that the ammonia at the beginning of the cycle might kill the chaeto:?:.. it wouldn't hurt to add some near the end when you have some nitrates in there.. it would definitely help with soaking up some nitrates

I just threw out a half of a five gallon buck but have some more to spare if you want to come by early next week. I live over the hill form Canyon Park. Im leaving town until Tuesday though.

I'll shoot you an email next week, thanks!

I just threw out a half of a five gallon buck but have some more to spare if you want to come by early next week. I live over the hill form Canyon Park. Im leaving town until Tuesday though.

I used chaeto during a cycle without issue. Coming from an established tank, it was a major source for introducing bacteria in the first place.

Back