Votes: 2 5.3%
  • Tuesday

Votes: 3 7.9%
  • Monday

Votes: 9 23.7%

• Total voters

mojoreef

Reef Keeper
A few members have asked about the chance of putting together a weekly chat, possibly using mirc. So I thought I would throw the idea out hear to see if thier is enough interest. if so then we can put it together for you.

If we have one it would be at 5:30 Pac time you pick the date

So let me know.

i say thursday, that way it doesnt happen on the same night as other scheduled chats..;)

ps:i didnt vote yes or no...thats up to the members.

i mentioned this to ya at the calfo Meeting great idea Mike
Darrell

Anyone who is in the IRC reef* rooms... well you know I'll be their.
By the way need any OPs with a bot to keep an eye on things? I idle on there 24/7 as is. I'm with Wit on this one, something that doesn't interfere with the other regularly scheduled chats... let us hope they don't dissolve.

-Erik

Dave, Sarah, Johnny... this has IRC junkies written all over it...

Last edited:
Dave last time I looked you were a member, so put your votes in. I agree with scheduling around other current chats. But lets vote on it and take it from thier.

Eric I will probibly take you up on that.

Mike

It sounds like there is lots of support for a chat session. Will someone post info on this IRC. Is this is the program or site to be used? Thanks, Scott:)

Scott and others we are in process of setting it up right now. So thier will be a chat for sure, we just have to get all the stuff set up on it.
You will have to download the chat program from here www.mirc.com
the name of our channel will be #reeffrontiers

give us a couple of days to get all the commands in, but feel free to check it out

Mike

Im all for Chat, but doing it on the nights that most sites dont. Therefore Mondays and Thursdays would be the best days.JMO

MINIATUS:rolleyes:

When and How

Okay folks, looks like this is going to happen. Now we need to really hammer out a day of the week that you all would prefer to meet (of course you are welcome anytime in the channel). I have been talking this over with Mike and getting a few preliminary things in place. For those of you that don't yet have an IRC cleint, here are some places to download one.

If you are new to IRC I HIGHLY recommend you start out with the old staple Mirc. Mac user should try Ircle. Finally for *nix users, there is the ever popular BX client.

IRC CLIENTS:
Win Mirc: http://www.mirc.com/get.html
Mac Ircle:http://wsidecar.apple.com/cgi-bin/n...latform=osx&method=sa/ircledownload.cgi?USOSX
*nix
& BX: http://www.bitchx.org/download.php
Win

The network we will be using is AfterX (formerly Xnet). You can connect to it at "irc.afterx.net" For most of you this will mean using Mirc and typing "/server irc.afterx.net" in the "Status" window.
The channel name is #Reeffrontiers (Who'da Thunk?).

That should cover most of the basics. Now lets hammer out a good time for the first chat.

Best,

-Erik

Alright monday it is. So we will start chat Monday at 5:30 pacific time. I will start another thread.

Mike

Back