Cheapest place to get black plexiglass

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cyber_ecco

Where is the cheapest place to get a piece of black plexiglass in the Seattle/Everett area? I need a sheet that I can cut up myself for some overflows. Thanks.

Calsak plastics in Kent is cheap but they have a $50 minimum order and it isn't a retail kind of place, you have to know what you want and call in the order and pick it up.

If you want a retail store Tap Plastics in Bellevue is the only option I know of.

Don't know how often you make it this way. Tacoma Plastic supply sells scrap plastic for $3 a pound. I've also heard others mention the scrap bin at their local plastic outlets. I do remember someone last summer mention a place in Lynnwood that sold scrap by the pound. I assume your from BC, so I would think you would have several in your area. All I can suggest is do a google search and make some phone calls.

Last edited:
There is a few up here in BC, but like everything else things are crazy expensive here compared to the US. I will be making a trip down to Seattle next weekend, so was hoping to check out some stuff down there at the same time.

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=340&

Don't know how big a piece you need. Tap starts at $24 for a 2x2 foot 1/8 inch thick for black acrylic. That's about four times what I've paid for scrap pieces that size. I've never been in one of their stores so I don't know if they sell scrap. There's a toll free number on their web site. Give them a call.

http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=340&

Don't know how big a piece you need. Tap starts at $24 for a 2x2 foot 1/8 inch thick for black acrylic. That's about four times what I've paid for scrap pieces that size. I've never been in one of their stores so I don't know if they sell scrap. There's a toll free number on their web site. Give them a call.

They do sell scrap pieces by the pound...

Back