Cheapest prices on tanks in Seattle area?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cyber_ecco

Can anyone tell me the cheapest place to find tanks new or used in the Seattle area? Looking for a 90g or 110g glass or acrylic tank with dual overflows.

What about this one??

The tank is 100gal Amiracle tank with the original Amiracle sump that could be a wet/dry sump if you wanted bioballs in it. I took the bioballs out since years ago the hobby was moving away from them. It has a filter pad on the top shelf and is drilled on both ends so that on one side it has the protein skimmer connected and the other side is the main pump with a spider connection that directs the water in 8 different directions (chiller, refugium, protein skimmer and to two sea swirls and one to drain for water changes and an extra outlet that was never used).

I have a closed loop system in the back that a dolphin pump is connected to. The picutre shows a Hayward actuating ball valve that is not for sale and doesn't work currently. There are ball valves that can close or control flow throughout the piping system so that each item can be disconnected temporarily to clean or service.

There is no stand or canopy for sale since this is built into our wall in a utility room. The lighting is sold. The protein skimmer is a DIY becket design that was built by wanareef who has made several for others in the hobby and has also made acrylic tanks for others also.

The tank set up has served me well. Has been very stable over the years. My only regret is that I never set up my calcium reactor to really do my frags good. I ran out of room in my utility room to set it up. There was no way to attach it without impeding foot traffic in the utility room.

Sea swirls in the photos are sold also. Pumps are for sale separate from the tank along with the refugium and protein skimmer.

The tank drains through two skimmer boxes in the back corners of the tank. The stand pipe in the skimmer boxes are half the length of the skimmer box with a reuseable circular sponge like filter. The pipe has holes to allow the water to travel down to the sump under the tank. The tank was originally drilled by Soutas for the sump. Just to let you know the top of the sump cover at the inlet pipes is cracked and came that way from Soutas. It is a very thin acrylic cover that cracks when drilled at times and mine was just that lucky one. It has never impacted the sump nor has it ever traveled and gotten worse. I just want to be up front about the crack on the cover.

So botton line. The $300 dollars for the Amiracle tank includes only the tank and sump that it drains into and the closed loop pvc piping in the back of the tank (excluding the Hayward Valve) and inside the tank. If you need the sand substrate in the tank you are welcomed to it. There is 4 inches of it in the bottom. It is posted for others to take free.

I live in Damascus which is 10 minutes from I-205 and easy to get to if you want to take a look. Angela

Just let me know and sent me your email and I will forward you the pics that Angela had emailed me.

Han

find a tank a put in the overflows yourself..... it has to be one of the easiest DIY there is.

Thanks for the offer. Unfortunately I can't have drains going out the back. This tank is also going against a wall and I do not have space to move it out for the drains as it sits in the middle of a hallway. Otherwise sounds very good and great deal.

What about this one??

The tank is 100gal Amiracle tank with the original Amiracle sump that could be a wet/dry sump if you wanted bioballs in it. I took the bioballs out since years ago the hobby was moving away from them. It has a filter pad on the top shelf and is drilled on both ends so that on one side it has the protein skimmer connected and the other side is the main pump with a spider connection that directs the water in 8 different directions (chiller, refugium, protein skimmer and to two sea swirls and one to drain for water changes and an extra outlet that was never used).

I have a closed loop system in the back that a dolphin pump is connected to. The picutre shows a Hayward actuating ball valve that is not for sale and doesn't work currently. There are ball valves that can close or control flow throughout the piping system so that each item can be disconnected temporarily to clean or service.

There is no stand or canopy for sale since this is built into our wall in a utility room. The lighting is sold. The protein skimmer is a DIY becket design that was built by wanareef who has made several for others in the hobby and has also made acrylic tanks for others also.

The tank set up has served me well. Has been very stable over the years. My only regret is that I never set up my calcium reactor to really do my frags good. I ran out of room in my utility room to set it up. There was no way to attach it without impeding foot traffic in the utility room.

Sea swirls in the photos are sold also. Pumps are for sale separate from the tank along with the refugium and protein skimmer.

The tank drains through two skimmer boxes in the back corners of the tank. The stand pipe in the skimmer boxes are half the length of the skimmer box with a reuseable circular sponge like filter. The pipe has holes to allow the water to travel down to the sump under the tank. The tank was originally drilled by Soutas for the sump. Just to let you know the top of the sump cover at the inlet pipes is cracked and came that way from Soutas. It is a very thin acrylic cover that cracks when drilled at times and mine was just that lucky one. It has never impacted the sump nor has it ever traveled and gotten worse. I just want to be up front about the crack on the cover.

So botton line. The $300 dollars for the Amiracle tank includes only the tank and sump that it drains into and the closed loop pvc piping in the back of the tank (excluding the Hayward Valve) and inside the tank. If you need the sand substrate in the tank you are welcomed to it. There is 4 inches of it in the bottom. It is posted for others to take free.

I live in Damascus which is 10 minutes from I-205 and easy to get to if you want to take a look. Angela

Just let me know and sent me your email and I will forward you the pics that Angela had emailed me.

Han

Thanks Dave for spending so much time with us today to chat. Really appreciate that and will be back to visit you again in the future for sure once my tank is ready. Going to want you to get me a nice clown trigger.

Good to meet you guys,good luck with the system!

Back