Cheato and soap dish ?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jfingers8

I have a 90 gallon and a 20 gallon sump. I bought a soap dish and put it in my sump with some cheato my question is i have the drain pipe facing the soap dish so that is how its getting its flow is that to much or to little or is it ok? Another problem im having right now is getting the soap dish to sit in my sump the suction cups that came with the soap dish won't stick underwater so is there a better way i can secure the soap dish in one spot? I hope i get alot of answers because this is stressing me out!

generaly you just need to put the cheato in the refugium and let it float it will grow so fast (under the right light) that is will soon fill the refugium full, and it needs low flow as well...

Matt

i just have a sump with my equipment in it and i can't just let it float around because then it will get sucked up into my pumps.

sounds like you will need to put in some baffles to be able to keep Chaeto, remember it will grow fast and then its going to end up in your pumps, how much water flow is going through your sump?

i have the same problem...... i have the skimmer and the cheto all in the same section.... so

i feel ya... it will be fine floating around with your stuff , you will just have to clean it from time to time, as your cheato grows in

i just put mine in the display and if it goes crazy i dont care since i can sell it back to the lfs.

Back