Check out these lights!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

i like the fact that you can dim them from 0-100% simulating cloudy skies, the moon rising, etc. However, i will not be one to experiement with this light fixture. Too much $$$. I'll wait till more people use them and report on their findings. Not going to lie though, i'm a little excited about them.

So you would have to throw away the entire fixture away when the LED's went bad (however long that would take)? Seems like it wouldn't be impossible to have the LED's replaced.

They will have these lights on display at MACNA. If I can get there, I will let y'all know what I think of them. I'm no expert tho. It'll be more like a OOOOHH cool response ;) lol... maybe a bit more than that... we'll see :D

Any news on these lights? Since everyone wants to see how these lights are but we dont have the cash to shell out at once, lets all send me $100 dollars and ill get the lights, ill try them on my tank, and ill report back to the rest of us.... okay? My paypal account is:

Worth a shot
Jidz

Jiddy you could sell off your tank & get a small cube, then we could all see that it isn't worth the cost:D

Well actually i paid 3500 because the lady i ordered it from was really nice to talk to her name was helen and she has a ferrit named Mr. Bean so i gave her a tip for being so friendly.

Are you kiding me a could throw a supercharger in my stang for that price! I would never pay that much for those lights i don't care how good they may be.

I just had to joke a little. After all it is my style.

Nick

I was thinking if gee "if he has that much money to blow, then heck I should ask him to buy me a one also." LOL.

You guys are missin the point, they arent that expensive if we pool our money together..... Okay ill quit. When i win the powerball ill hook u up nick

I know someone who is getting one so I'll let you guys know how they work out. Where he works sells them and he says they are really nice:)

I heard a little rumor that PFO is wanting to show the solaris led light at an upcomming PSAS meeting.:)
Scott

just a thought, they say they only lose 30% of power which is considerable over 11 some years though, won't you save some money compared to MH bulbs at like $40-80 a year? how much are replacement bulbs though
edit: i realized they don't have to start selling them for another 5 years :D... but really, i wonder how much they are

Last edited:
Back