Chiller recommendation please

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

BCT182

For my 210 reef I will have three 400watt SE bulbs in a oak canopy with no fans. I was wondering what size, brand and ect chiller would be recommended?

Also, drop in, or inline?

go Pacific Coast. I have a 1/2 HP inline on my 300 and it does a great job. I am getting a 1 hp Pacific Coast for my new tank. They are built like tanks and do an awesome job bringing the temperature down.

Thanks Erik

I had a probe go out on my last pacific coast and wiped out my entire tank. Im alittle nervous about them.

As for inline, what if I put the chiller in a closet?

I have a 1/2 hp pacific coast and when it runs for a while it puts out heat. It can raise the temp in my fish room from 70 to 80. If you put it in a closet, I would try to vent it somehow.

I had a probe go out on my last pacific coast and wiped out my entire tank. Im alittle nervous about them.

As for inline, what if I put the chiller in a closet?
chillers need plenty air space & circulation, closed up will just turn it into a heater.
Pricey but I liked the AcuaLogic I had, no issues! They come with a Ranco Temp. controller & has a Titanium probe, solid as can be! One big purchase but your done with that, also spend the extra $150 on the flow sensor, It will save the unit if you loose a pump or flow to the chiller.

Back