Chiller Repair....? ? !

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cwrenge

:confused: I have a Via Aqua 1/4 H.... its just passed it's warranty.... at this present moment, the chiller won't Regulate....? no matter what i set the temp at.... ! its a worry for me ( limited Bucker-Roos ).....i don't want to lose my Frags..... like i lost my first ones when the tank over heated, before i bought the chiller.... does any one have any concrete directions , where-as i could get the replacement part ( S )....? any help is most appreciated... i wasn't sure where to place this thread.... again thanks for any help... cw.

moved this to the equipment forum....

Is the chiller turning on, and sounding normal, other than it won't cool? How old is the chiller?

This is the only site I could find with instructions...and they might be the same company as Via Aqua. If no one else can come up with something, then you might want to click on the Contact Us at the top of the page - Commodity Axis - chiller installation instructions.

yeah Thats what I would do as well... They should be able to help ya out as well...

And Nikki... Commodity Axis is the same company as Via Aqua...

James

You could always just buy a controller and bypass the onboard controller for the chiller. There is a do it yourself controller on one of the boards (here or reefcentral). Hope that helps. I hate heat problems. They're a pain the in the keester.

NaH2O said:
moved this to the equipment forum....

Is the chiller turning on, and sounding normal, other than it won't cool? How old is the chiller?

This is the only site I could find with instructions...and they might be the same company as Via Aqua. If no one else can come up with something, then you might want to click on the Contact Us at the top of the page - Commodity Axis - chiller installation instructions.
:?: the chiller sounds normal....it cools... " Some Times it Doesn't Shut-Off at Set Temp... " so the Controler wont respond to me Re-Setting it ...... i have 3 individual Thermometer's....that i installed in my tank after discovering the Chiller was still running well beyound the temp setting displayed on the Digital Read-Out.... i followed the instructions in start up of chiller.... still... the chiller would not respond to it's displayed setting ( Keept running )...its operating , yet the temp read out is not what the other 3 thermometer's read...i don,t want to come home and discover my tank too cold because the chiller won't shut off ....i have 315 gal per Hr. flow..... this is something i will overcome ....thanks for all the effort and help , you all extended to me ( U all @ RF ) cw.

cw
it's been a while since this thread started, was wondering if you were able to get any help on this problem from via aqua?
i'm running the same chiller, no problems yet, but have heard multiple times that this is a common problem with these chillers.
chris

Last edited:
lizardarm said:
cw
it's been a while since this thread started, was wondering if you were able to get any help on this problem from via aqua?
i'm running the same chiller, no problems yet, but have heard multiple times that this is a common problem with these chillers.
chris
:rolleyes: Thanks for the intrest Lizardarm.... well during the time of the troubble it was hot at the condo.... i did called the beachwood nj. vender/manufacture...(? ) and at the time i called.... it was closed ( for the day )... so i kept re-setting the controler on it and....thankgoodness it somehow began working properly... not out of wack..... yet i went thru the same problem/ condition just a few days ago,... ? ( strange.. ? ) this time it only took me " one time " in re-setting the temp... and starting it up again.... ! so i don't know what to say....? i still want to contact the Via Aqua people n get some insite to the unusall ( ? ) problem
again thanks to you all at RF..... cw.

Last edited:
Back