chiller tubing

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tankrupt

ive got a 25 gallon rubbermaid of ro/di water sitting on concrete thats always 20 + _ cooler than my sump,there is an infloor heating tubing 1/2'' id plastic very thin wall aluminum and an outer coat of plastic so the aluminum would never contact water does anyone know if this would drop tank temp enough to bother with ? i would think you could put a pretty big coil in a 25 gal. this tubing is a give away at houseing sites as it cant be joined by code and ther are piles of it sitting around. thanks

I think a simple fan blowing on your tank water surface would cool it more. The water temp will not drop much at all through a plastic tote with very little surface area actually touching the concrete. If you are having heat issues I have heard of people making chillers with a small "dorm room" frig and 1/4" tubing.

thanks Brendan i forgot once the 25 is warmed up its kinda null and void
Gregb lol if i had an extra socket i could probably use a toaster,next to the tank stuff computers are just as bad for outlets,hopefully the 200 amp service will get done this year... cheers

Back