Chilli Coral

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

aaron7405

Hi there

I have a red chilli coral,

Recently some of the point of the corlas has shown GHA, and is not expanding the poliphs at night, What do I need to do???

Aaron - how long have you had the chili coral? By GHA, I'm guessing that's green hair aglae?? If so, then you really need to address this first. The coral needs to eat, since it is non-photosynthetic. What are your water parameters? What is your flow like?

How do you have the chili coral mounted? From what I've read, they do best/long term survival hanging upside down. Also, lack of polyp expansion is most times due to lack of flow. You need to create good flow pattern going around the coral. Do you have a refugium? How long has your tank been set-up? Have you fed the coral any foods like cyclopeeze?

Is goin to be hard to find a spot, where he could hang, be on the shadows, and with good flow. mmmm

Regarding to the other thing you are asking me .
let me take a reading of all and I will let you know leter today.

About food I feed the corals with coral frenzy

they must be mounted upside down for long term success... they need very strong water flow (30X tank turnover minimum)... they often get GHA after they have been starving for some weeks... they need fed near daily and thankfully will eat large foods (rotifers or copepods ideally... but fresh hatched Artemia at the least). You can try fine zooplankton substitutes too (see coralfrenzy, cyclop-eeze, etc)

Back