CL280 Chiller

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

LarryB

Hi Folks,

I just got a Pacific Coast Imports CL280 chiller. On the internet is says it needs a flow rate of 500-800 gallons per hour, but on the box it says 300-500.
Its a 1/10 hp chiller cooling a 36 gallon tank in an apartment that going to get hot hot hot this summer. Anyone have any input on what a good flow rate would be?

Same chiller I have. Good lil chiller for the price.

Well flow.. I have a little giant 30 valved down to run mine. I use the valve to control the cooling. Too fast and it will run forever (until the tank hits 77), to slow and it cycles a lot. All due to the internal temp sensor in it. Would work a lot better with a external temp probe :D
A small mag with a valve should do it.

so, how many gallons per hour is that? I was hoping I could run the return from my sump through the chiller then back to the tank, but my over flow is rated at 300 gallons per hour. I am in the process of setting this thing up and my concern is I don't have enough water coming out of the tank.

Oh ya if you already have a return pump put the chiller in the middle of it. Hopefully you are able to pipe it in a way that you dont increase the head too much.

Back