clam difference

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

lovesalt

zoanthid
I was looking through some of my old pics and found one of my derasa of 1 1/2 years ago, I took a new one today, Wow what a difference. That clam is really growing!!

I went shopping, of course and got a new clown, a naked clown!
Here is a picture of him with his buddies!

Also another picture of the whole tank.

omg! it looks SOOO FUNNY! but he is so cute at the same time! he needs some abs tho...... then your set :D

where the heck do you get a naked clown?

Sweet clown dude! :)

I saw one at LFS that only had the top 1/3 of the middle stripe. Almost naked! :lol:

thats an amazing difference in the clam. and the clown is way too cute too... I had no idea what to expect the pic to be of a naked clown.

1 1/2 years did all that? wow! how much difference is there in size do you think? from the pics, it looks like a significant amount.

I think it was about 3 inches of growth. The clam is 8 1/2 inches now and when I got it, it was 3 inches. I have had it about 3 years.

:shock: :shock: :shock: That's great. I'm impressed. That's not considered "normal" growth for clams is it? I don't know much about them, but obviously your tank conditions are such that the clam is very happy.

:shock: :shock: :shock: That's great. I'm impressed. That's not considered "normal" growth for clams is it? I don't know much about them, but obviously your tank conditions are such that the clam is very happy.

A couple inches of shell are year is about normal, after about 10" dursa's slow down a little.

Don

hopefully mine will slow down a little, running out of space!!! I may have to get that bigger tank sooner rather than later!

the bigger clams like derasa, squamosa and gigas grow really fast in good water quality conditions. April, it looks like you have that going on in your reef tank.

Back