clam ID ????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

prow

hi i came into these two clams. here is one. this one is a lot more blue than the pic shows.

nice that was much better. here is the other one. is actually green, but looks blue in these pics.

sorry about the lighting. i am running half my lighting and the cooler bulbs so they both look blue. anyway can anyone give me a ID on them. i am thinking its a crocea.

Last edited:
Yes, crocea! I have three, two of them are very blue and one is green when you look at it from the top down.

Nice clams.

Yup, both crocea clams. They will spend alot of energy attempting to atach to something. I would suggest finding an empty shell or a smaller flat rock and placing them in it if they havent already attached.

You may need to move them some day so I would keep that in mind when selecting something for them to attach to.

Nick

cool, great advice. i did do that. today they actively attaching. i love these guy got both of them for $80 they are about 5". i love the way look. got to perfect spots for them. they seem very happy. will see how they are in about 3 months. thanks for the heads up.

Back