Clam

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Fishead77

Dork
Will this bumble bee snail hurt my clam? Sorry for the poor picture but that was the best I could get with that camera.

Last edited:
I have a clam in a reef tank which puts up with an encroaching montipora, assorted snails, hermits, a peppermint shrimp and a rowdy tailspot blenny which will steal food that falls on its mantle. The conch tries its temper, feeling over the mantle with his 'trunk', but so far no damage, no problems.

Sk8r said:
I have a clam in a reef tank which puts up with an encroaching montipora, assorted snails, hermits, a peppermint shrimp and a rowdy tailspot blenny which will steal food that falls on its mantle. The conch tries its temper, feeling over the mantle with his 'trunk', but so far no damage, no problems.
That snail has been hanging under the mantle for a while. I just checked and it has moved to the other side of the shell a little lower. I just wanted to make sure he wasn't doing any damage. Thx.

It is probably just eating the algie on the shell, but watch it closely, if the clam closes up and looks irritated by the snail then you may have to do something about it. if the clam continues to open it's mantle and open up it should be ok.

Little Luey said:
It is probably just eating the algie on the shell, but watch it closely, if the clam closes up and looks irritated by the snail then you may have to do something about it. if the clam continues to open it's mantle and open up it should be ok.
Cool, that makes sense. Thx.

Back