Clarkii clowns for free

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bezoar

I have a pair of Clarkii's that I'd like to give away. I've had the two for about 4 years and they are pretty big (female is 4 inches, male is 3). They get along fine with their current tankmates (but lately not each other very well) but I've had trouble adding any new fish as they torment them relentlessly. The male goes after me too whenever I put my hand in the tank, he's very annoying. They are too big for any of the local fish stores to take. Anyone interested can have them for free. I live near the University of Washington. Here's pictures of the two. Please send PM if interested.

Male

Male.jpg

Female

Female.jpg

how big are they?
they probably wouldn't be comfortable in a 20H tank?

edit,
I just re-read your post,

noticed you said female is about 4"
I'm confident they wouldn't like my extra tank,

and my main tank has a pair of GSM's, i hear they don't like other clowns

Last edited:
I was going to use them for an angler too :p Oh well.

What kind of angler do you have dm?

I was going to use them for an angler too :p Oh well.

What kind of angler do you have dm?

Man, I think it's a commerson. It's from Hawaii, got it over a year and a half ago. It's grown so much that he owns the tank. He's eaten a couple of my fish-and have had to trade to in my purple tang because I got tired of watching the close calls.

Man, I think it's a commerson. It's from Hawaii, got it over a year and a half ago. It's grown so much that he owns the tank. He's eaten a couple of my fish-and have had to trade to in my purple tang because I got tired of watching the close calls.

Congrats on keeping it over a year, first of all :) It does sound like an A. commerson - they're fairly common in Hawaii.

I will take them. As long as they are mean they should be ok in my tank. I got a Rbta they can call home.

Back