clean up crew?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Well for starters... how about some Astrea snails and some blue or scarlet legged hermits? The blues are cheaper but IME they tend to be more aggressive to the snails as they get bigger.

lol alright yeah cuz i dont really liek my snails....too slow.. lol jk but i jsut dont really like them...... but i will keep them and get hermits and see what happens

dood your golden...

i started out with 10 bluelegs, like 20 snails, im down to 3 hermits, and like 15 snails a year later...

they will ballance out as the tank demands,

but you can mix them, and they are very fun 2 watch.

i have mainly astrea's, torchus, 1 margareta (soki, from the first batch over a year ago) nanassus's and a bumble bee snail who shows up every once and a while.

most of the times, the hermits only get the "derail" snails, (who flip over)
this one time i watched a hermit try to get a tourchus he was on his shell, and you could see him trying to pry him over, the tourch's did there twist up move, throwing the hermit off his shell, and all the way 2 the sand.... It was funny

hahahahh thats awsome yeah, how many hermits do you think i need for a 10 gallon, and can i miz hermits and a cleaner shrimp?

IMo you should mix both. (in a tank like that)

they are both very hungry i would try 2 hermits or no hermits and a shrimp....

more then likely if you but hermits and shrimp.... one or the other will starve.

i would try 2 hermits and 5 snails in a 10 gal

eh, ya why not... i would do then 1 shrimp and 1 hermit... or 1 shrimp and 5 snails. you might be able to get 1 shrimp 1 hermit, and 2 snails....

the object is 2 keep them alive... not starve them to death.

i forgot 2 say, i started with 2 shrimp one died. (starved) the other is alive, but he over powerd the 10+ hermits i had, which they died off to 3, and the snails really had no efffect...

so its really just gonna have to be trial and error..

Back