Cleaner Shrimp Spawn

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Kensn

Just went downstairs, took the flashlight to the tank and saw little cleaner shrimp all over the place..... Cute little buggers...

way to go dood !!!
i guess you are a grandpa for the hmm... 5th time ? :)
i guess they are gonna be a nice snack or are you plannin on catching them and tryin to raise them?

Tom, they told me....

Gabby, I grabbed a few and put them in my fuge, but I am sure that just extended there life for a few minutes.

Tom, I only have a pair of cleaners, and one pepermint in the tank. I could see them swimming backwards and erractic like a shrimp. I will post a close up of one when I get home. I was just thinking if it looks like a shrimp, walks like a shrimp and tastes like a shrimp......

Woodstock said:
Great pics Ken! I bet it was tough getting a decent pic the way they swarm.

The pic was hard to get, tank was totaly black. I took my small flashlight and set it lens down on the top front right corner of my tank. They came a swimming, and with the light on them from above I kinda got the camera to focus a little.

taste like shrimp ??:shock: i told you that those are not snacks :D
hmm i think you can raise them in your sump but i think you'd have to look for some sort of protection so they don't go through your skimmer.
I'm really happy you got some babies dood seriously :)

WTG Ken! That's pretty cool. I figure they will make good lunch for your fish! I remember snorkeling one day and swimming through a bunch of baby shrimp. The water was almost pink they were so thick! My friend just swam through them with his net out and caught a few to feed his fish which they loved. I hope you get to save a few of them...

Hey thanks Gaerella, I will check them out... And it would take an awfull lot of those little guys to make a snack for me...

Back