Clone RBTA (pictures)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jeremys78

After many months of looking big & healthy...

t_P9300093.jpg

(notice the tupperware sandbed for one very spoiled wrasse)

The strangest thing happened...

Background: Feed anemone approximately 3 times per week obscene quantities of plankton & Reef-One. (He's a hungry guy!) Provide with a daily blast of ~200W of PC and 250W MH.

Day One: Accidentally tip over rockwork on top of anemone. Instant curl-up mechanism.

Day Three: Blow detritus from behind rockwork, create a sh*t storm inside tank and change ~20% water.

t_PA300253.jpg

Day Five: Notice RBTA is flaccid and withdrawn. Tentacles are long but not filled out. They lay haphazardly on top of stomach and seem negatively buoyant.

Day Six: Make another observation of deflated & "small" appearance.

Day Seven: "Why does Mr. Pink look so strange today?" :confused:

Oh - There's two of them now! One for each clown. [cue blissful sigh from Elmo]

t_PB020255.jpg

t_PB020257.jpg

My very own RBTA crazy sex party! He he :lol:

Congrats on the clone! My RBTA split after it was sucked onto one of my closed loop intakes. Amazing what a little trauma will induce :). Congrats again!

jeremys78 said:
What is going on?!
A third one just appeared. Very cool. :D

Actually, that doesn't surprise me. If the trauma was great enough, then that can happen. When my rbta was sucked onto the closed loop intake, it did split into 2 then a 3rd right away. I had traded the anemone shortly after the incident with the closed loop, so it split in that person's tank (thankfully...my luck, all 3 would have walked onto the CL intakes again :D).

From another thread kinda. If your anemone splits, can you keep them all in the same tank? Or is it best to get them out and seperate them? Especially if its a small tank?

And, thats freakin awsome! I can't wait till I get good lighting to keep an anomone.

krish75 said:
Cool!!! Any new pics???

Of course!

t_PB070262.jpg

Dumbass & fatass are busy trying out each clone to see which they prefer. (Very endearing names, don't you agree? Any name except you-know-what for a clown is fine with me. :evil: )

Its getting harder and harder to see all these anemone pics. I think the anemone was the reason I got the tank in the first place :p

Detri said:
From another thread kinda. If your anemone splits, can you keep them all in the same tank? Or is it best to get them out and seperate them? Especially if its a small tank?

And, thats freakin awsome! I can't wait till I get good lighting to keep an anomone.

Yeah, you can. I'm the one who managed to get Nikki's RBTA. Pretty much like the one in this thread....Started out big and beautiful...wound up with 4 little ones.

It can be done, but realize that the anemone split due to environmental stress. This means the clones may go out wandering around looking for a different place to call home...

Nick

Back