Close friend died, please read

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

300ZXNA

Last week, one of my best friends, Kevin Wood died suddenly and unexpectedly of an aneurysm. He was only 33 and leaves behind a wife, 10 month old daughter, 3 year old daughter, and 12 year old son. We were going to school together at Eastern Washington University, and met up nearly daily to study, we sat next to each other in all our classes and due to our perseverance we both have made the Dean's list all year long. Going to classes this week and having his seat empty has been hard, he was truly one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet, really lit up the room.

I'm posting this because his wife, Melissa, and children have been left in a rough spot financially, and if anyone feels inclined, I know that it would be a huge blessing to them if anyone wanted to donate them something. His brother has set up a memorial site; www.rememberingkevinwood.com and it has a link on the first page to his obit, pictures of him and his family and the donation link.

If you are in the Spokane area and cannot donate, but want to help, some of Kevin's friends have been organizing meals for Melissa. We are shooting for a month's worth of meals so that she can focus on grieving and helping her young children through this. If you would like to provide a meal, please give me a call at 208-699-7520 and I will get you in touch with the right person.

Just a quick sidenote, Kevin absolutely loved my reef and said he planned on setting one up once he was out of school, he especially got a kick out of watching my prawn goby/pistol shrimp pair . . .

I'm surprised no one has responded to this yet. This board is full of kind and generous people. Seems like the economy is getting everyone down. Although I am not able to donate anything financially I will keep Kevin and his family in my prayers.

-Luis

Hey, I know that it is greatly appreciated, thanks for the kind words and prayers. We had the funeral yesterday, and it filled the whole sanctuary, he really impacted a lot of people. I really miss him . . .

Back