Closed loop timing

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

zeltar

Proud new papa....
I finally got my tank replumbed. canopy finished, lights installed and added a few fish in the last month. I redid my CL and have a new AM3000 running through a 4 way OM that is split at the tank again into two outs at each location (total 8 outs in the tank). The tank is a 120 (4x2x2) with coast to coast overflow, 2 1.5" drains, Mag12 return running wide open.

My question is that there is so much flow that I wonder if I should turn the CL off at night to give the fish a break. Does any one else only run their CL during the day/lighted period? I dont have any corals yet and also understand that the ocean doesn't "turn off" at night :)

Let me know what you guys think.
Thanks

I reduce flow at night
1100Gph Closed loop
650 Gph from refugium/sump
1500/3000 Tunze unit

At lights out, the Tunze unit goes offline

Well two things, the flow shouldnt be so much that it screws up the fish to much day or night, so keep and eye on that. As per at night I think that would be a personal thing, some folks like to turn the flow down not just for the fish but also for smaller critters to come out.

Mike

Good point, I just did it to reduce the noise in the fish room at night and try to give them a bit of a rest :)

Back