Closed loop

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

TANK.jpg

So this is a prliminary drawing of what I've come up with!
Any suggestions?

CC meaning?
I'm thinking of doing what the dude with the island tank did with the inlet of his by his center overflow

no in the main tank in front of the coast to coast the only thing behind it will be to sump and returns!
The coast to coast will be full hight bottom to top black

well someone told me that haveing them behind the overflow might be a problem ifI suck air
so in the tank was the right way to do it??

Is this right?

On I see now yea, you want them in the tank. Remember when plumbing this to have ball valves on all the inlets & outlets so you can isolate the pumps for service!

For the suctions I built a box that goes over the BH & drilled holes to allow the suctions to spread over a wide area as not to suck in a fish or shrimp.

On I see now yea, you want them in the tank. Remember when plumbing this to have ball valves on all the inlets & outlets so you can isolate the pumps for service!

True union valves may be more expensive but I've found them to be of great value.

I was already gonna do those too FINN but thanks for the help!
Chad told me about the wonders of a true union!
And I was looking at them yesterday at LOWES

True union valves may be more expensive but I've found them to be of great value.

They are cheaper & take up less space than plumbing a union later when you figure out that you need one:lol:, also add to flow restrictions! Good point!;)

Back