Clownfish fry

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kirkland

92g reef lover
Our GSM Clowns laid eggs last week for the first time. Sometime during the night, the eggs hatched. Are the fry big enough to see with the naked eye after hatching? We don't have a system to raise the baby clownfishes in, but was just curious as to whether there is any still alive now and I'm curious what they look like. :)

Yes u can see them wit the naked eye....about 2-3mm long.....and 99% will be gone by the time the lights come on.....look around the waterlines ........u might get luck ...lol.

Good luck

Thanks! We didn't see any. The lights come on at 11:30am and I noticed the eggs had hatched at 12pm but didn't see anything. The clowns anemone will be gone in the next week so I don't expect they'll lay eggs again for a bit. We have a sebae as well and they swim in her, but they don't feed her or sleep in her. It's more like they stop in to visit! The bonus with the sebae is it's next to the wall so they can lay their eggs there, easier for us to keep an eye on! Their first cluster was under the ginormous gbta!

when the lights are all shut off you can use a flashlight to find them, they will be attracted to the light and come up...assuming filtration and power heads don't kill them first

Back