clowns and anemones

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

wakinekona

I am fairly new at this game... so excuse my inexperience...

It recently found out that NOT ALL clown fish like to play and rub against anemone. To my knowledge the little clown we have (false perc) isn't the type to play in the $60.00 greeb bubble anemone my boyfriend bought me last night. Which clowns like to play in anemones? and which ones do they prefer?

Also, another anemone that I have... slightly pale lavender with white lines on the body and a red foot... he isn't atttaching himself to anything. It's been like 5 days or so and I'm getting nervous. He was so lustrous and "open" when we brought him home but I was thinking that since he hasnt been able to attach to something, he maybe getting sick?? Suggestions?... he looks like he's shriveling up a little and his red food looks a little inflammed...

thanks..

Welcome to RF!! :) I once had about 5 clowns in my first setup with an anemone and none of the clowns would host it which happens to be the case sometimes. Then again, sometimes they just take a while. Give it sometime seeing you just got the anemone. As for the other one not attaching himself, could be that he's just trying to find the best spot where lighting and flow is just right for him before he attaches. Just a few thoughts...I'm sure the others will chime in as well soon:)

returnofsid and everyone else who responded. thanks for the info...

i've been told from a few peoplet that false percs are the "generics" of clowns and they are more than likely NOT going to host an anemone... so i guess i'll just wait and see...

My Clowns did not even notice my RBTA for 6 months and then one day they were in it and now thry won't leave it.

False percs are usually very willing to claim a bubble tip anemone as a host. They're also usually quite happy hosting with many different corals, from Frogspawn, Torch Corals, Hairy Mushrooms and even Xenia.

I'm embariased to say this, but here it goes...

My Ocerllaris' (aka false percula) are hosting my... hair algae. :oops:

i've been told from a few peoplet that false percs are the "generics" of clowns and they are more than likely NOT going to host an anemone

:eek: don't let elmo hear you say that! :eek:

I have to Black Percula clowns hosting in my yellow polyp toadstool..:exclaim: .. Not quite an anenome but I give them props for hosting in something.:lol:

Also I have a Clarkii who is a great resident of my green long tenticle anem. She always feeds it big bits of meat. But if I move the anem she becomes like super gule in it.

Also how long have your clowns been in your tank?

Yeah, I know. I gotta keep it untill I get a RBTA. :doubt:

it took my perculas about 1 1/2 years to find our LTA. and it took 10min. for our polymnus to find our Haddon anemone. just give it some time

I agree it may take time. I have two either ocellaris or false percs and one jumped in my bubble tip immediately. the other will get in once in a while. I also have a much smaller RBTA that neither knows exists. what will be will be

hey elmo, nice to meet you... dont let this alarm you but I heard that you breed these little cuties (clowns)....

the person who told me that "lie" worked at Petco... nothing wrong witht the people their... maybe their are just misinformed...

glad to know that my little guy (his name is Pops) will soon call his BTA home....

ilham (elmo) uses tiles for hosting :p:D....he even has spongebob's pineapple house in his tank :D :lol: ......j/k :lol:.

dont let this alarm you but I heard that you breed these little cuties (clowns)....

which ones? he breeds to many that, clowns call it the "hook up" place :lol:

Back