Club meeting BBQ 9/27

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

little fishes

Hi All,
Just a reminder about the BBQ on the 27th. I am VERY excited to be hosting another meeting to show off my tank before I have to take it down!

This meeting is a BBQ with a presentation on coral physiology, an equipment swap, and a frag swap! So don’t forget to bring your used equipment and frags you want to swap/sell! I will have tables to put your equipment on and a tank for you to float frags to keep them warm(dont forget your cooler or styrofoam containers to transport the frag).

Come for the food and frags, come for the info, come for the camaraderie of others into this hobby... JUST COME! I see there is a car pool thread started and that is great! I hope that many of you will be able to make the drive. PM or call me if you need directions 509 595 4425.

I have attached some teaser pics of my tank too:D Hope to see some new and some familiar faces on Saturday.

Cheers,
Tracy

veiw_from_end_8-1-08.JPG

Full_tank_shot_8-1-08.JPG

Last edited:
How do you become a member of the spokane reef society?

My hubby and I are VERY new to the whole salt water tank hobby and we were wondering what the Spokane Reef Society is all about and how we join if we are interested? Any details would be appreciated! Thanks!

Hi All,
Just a reminder about the BBQ on the 27th. I am VERY excited to be hosting another meeting to show off my tank before I have to take it down!

This meeting is a BBQ with a presentation on coral physiology, an equipment swap, and a frag swap! So don’t forget to bring your used equipment and frags you want to swap/sell! I will have tables to put your equipment on and a tank for you to float frags to keep them warm(dont forget your cooler or styrofoam containers to transport the frag).

Come for the food and frags, come for the info, come for the camaraderie of others into this hobby... JUST COME! I see there is a car pool thread started and that is great! I hope that many of you will be able to make the drive. PM or call me if you need directions 509 595 4425.

I have attached some teaser pics of my tank too:D Hope to see some new and some familiar faces on Saturday.

Cheers,
Tracy

veiw_from_end_8-1-08.JPG

Full_tank_shot_8-1-08.JPG

Hi Beckyalcala,
If you want to recieve the e-mail invites- PM "The R/C Man" Greg, your e-mail address and ask him to add you. To join you basically show up- there are no dues or anything. We just get together to talk about fish and check out each others systems. Sometimes there is a presentation like there will be Saturday. Hope to see you at a meeting.
Cheers,
Tracy

Hi Tracy,
Angie, Madison and I plan to be there. Sorry this is short notice. Is there anything we can bring? We can make up a pasta salad or something. I'll PM you as well. Thanks!!

Pasta salad would be great- Glad you will make it!
Cheers,
Tracy

Tracy, I didn't realize it was also a frag swap. Thats great! We have a couple of pieces we can bring. They are great for beginners. We'll bring a side dish also. We've already said we are coming so don't put us down again, unless we get to eat twice and much.
Randy and Deanne

Tracy, I didn't realize it was also a frag swap. Thats great! We have a couple of pieces we can bring. They are great for beginners. We'll bring a side dish also. We've already said we are coming so don't put us down again, unless we get to eat twice and much.
Randy and Deanne

Great! See you tomorrow
Cheers,
Tracy

Oh, what time does this all start? Angie works until 3ish and we'll head out after she gets home. If I have time tomorrow, I'll get together some frags. Oh and if anyone's interested in purchasing a RBTA, the darned thing split again on me while I was in Montana!!! Just found this out this evening when we returned!! LOL I'll see how hard it's going to be to get out of the tank.

Nevermind on time, found my email from Greg!!

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for coming out. It was GREAT to see so many people again- wish I could have talked with some of you a bit more but there was alot going on. Thanks Greg for bringing the meat and doing the grilling, thanks Micheal for running to get ice and Thanks to everyone who brought a dish to share. Everyone who got frags should let me know how they do for you! Hope everyone had as much fun as I did.
Cheers,
Tracy

Hello Tracy,
Thank you for hosting the meeting. The presentation was excellent as was the company. Thanks Patrick for sharing your Belgian beer :)

Here are a couple of pictures from the event. I'm sure Tracy still has plenty of wonderful frags left for sale.

This first picture is of our lovely hostess hard at work bagging frags ;)

Tracy-9-08.JPG

Tracy's tank is a 155 gallon with Starphire glass on 3 sides.

Tracy's%20-9-27-08.JPG

A few of the animals I really liked :D
Acropora-sp.JPG

Stylophora.JPG

squamosa.JPG

Cheers,
Kevin

Hi Tracy!!!
Kevin, great pics!!!
What a wonderful time we had!!! I hope Madison wasn't "underfoot" too much for anyone. She's out lil' fish nerd and loves to see other people's tanks!!
Tracy and Patrick, thank you so much for being such gracious hosts!! Greg, thanks for cooking and supplying the meats!! We had a great turn out!! I'm really glad that we were able to attend. The presentation was very informative, but that's what I expected after attending one Tracy did about a year ago!! Your tank is just amazing!! Angie had a wonderful time as well. Can't wait to see how all the corals do in my tank!! Thank you so much for the wonderful frags and prices that really can't be beat!!! Oh and the Brandy Slushies were darned good as well!!!

For those that weren't able to attend, you really missed out!! I'm sure Tracy still has several frags and colonies available for sale. The pics Kevin posted are great, but this is a tank that's gotta be seen in person if at all possible. Help Tracy get ready for her move by buying some of her corals!!! You won't be sorry!!

Nice coral pics Kevin- I can never get that clear of a close up coral shot- what was that camera you were using? Not so sure of the pic of me though- of course I am not generally photogenic:rolleyes: Thanks for coming- that was really nice!

Michael- glad you liked the presentation and the corals. It was nice to meet Angie and Madison too.

Hi Tracy,
It is an older Nikon Coolpix 5200 (5.1MP). It is the size of a credit card and easily fits in my pocket. I set it to macro and manually set the white balance using the sand in your tank (no flash). If I really want the color to come out true. I use a white plastic bowl lid next to the object I'm going to shoot to set the white balance.

Cheers,
Kevin

I will have to try using the sand to set white balance and see if mine come out better- Thanks for the tip!

Back