Colleen and Nate's in-wall 270 gallon - Tri-cities

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

You guys gonna be on the tank tour this year? Things look really good, congrats!!!!

Thanks Charlie!

Tank will be on the tour, but we won't. :( My sister is getting married the same day as the conference, so we'll have a housesitter at the house, and a couple of members brought up to speed on the system so they can give the tour.

The tank is looking awesome guys.. decided to go T-5 ha? Did you use the icecaps for that or get different ballast? I cant tell in the pics.. Anyways looking good. Glad to see the fuge worked out.. It should keep the corals and the Mandrin very happy :)

Try Silicone potholders for isolation(if needed).... easily cut with scissors, and inexpensive. Setup looks great :)

Great idea. We aren't having any issue, but that's one I will keep in mind for isolation in future build/upgrades!

The tank is looking awesome guys.. decided to go T-5 ha? Did you use the icecaps for that or get different ballast? I cant tell in the pics.. Anyways looking good. Glad to see the fuge worked out.. It should keep the corals and the Mandrin very happy :)

Yes, Kevin Pockell finally pushed us over the edge to try them. We went with the PowerChrome bulbs, they really add a nice color, like them better than the SuperActinics. Still running the 2 IceCap ballasts. Got them set up on 2 sets of 3, they stagger by 1/2 hour morning/night for on/off.

T5

Great idea. We aren't having any issue, but that's one I will keep in mind for isolation in future build/upgrades!

Yes, Kevin Pockell finally pushed us over the edge to try them. We went with the PowerChrome bulbs, they really add a nice color, like them better than the SuperActinics. Still running the 2 IceCap ballasts. Got them set up on 2 sets of 3, they stagger by 1/2 hour morning/night for on/off.

Looks nice, seems that many are making the move in that direction even though you loss some light output the colours are much different and there are many other spectrum bulbs to choose from. Glad to see that the tank is getting towards what you guys wanted..

Back