College Nano ~ 20L REBORN!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I beleive thats a snaowflake eel, Very good for Reef tanks at times. its pretty hit and miss with them, but they only get so big, Nice addition to a tank for sure. Nice tank Sandlot

I tryed to look the eel up I don't think it is a Snowflake eel I think it is a type of ribbon eel but not sure I will have to wait for Sandlot13 to answer back

JR

umm, if you look at the top of this page, you can see a short description of my eel... also, you can look at the thread that I started this tank with (page 4 starts the eel talk) and you can see the entire process it took to get it and how it all played out. http://www.reeffrontiers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18226&page=4
The main reason I took this amazing creature under my care was because I thought it was an incredible animal and I could care for it in my nano reef tank with relative ease and effectiveness. These specific eels stay smaller, both in length and width, so it was a great (and probably only) choice of eel that was available to me. If you have any more questions, please ask away...

Looks good, don't see why you were so hesitant about posting one.

I will have to look into the eel, I don't think my present gobies would like to have him as a roommate though :(

ilektrik,

These guys are not piscivourous (eaters of fish) by any means. In fact, ive even had the eel so hungry and riled up looking for shrimp that when it does bump into a fish during its hunger driven frenzy, it brushes by them without even a nibble :D I was really nervous when I first got him, but now I dont even give it a second thought.

Last edited:
Looks great man! Thanks for posting the full tank shot:)

I just wanted to say thank you Krish.... You have been such a positive influence on my threads, always having something nice to say or comment on. Thank you so much for being a great reef friend!

I just wanted to say thank you Krish.... You have been such a positive influence on my threads, always having something nice to say or comment on. Thank you so much for being a great reef friend!

:D No problem man...I guess I felt bad for you when you burned yourself trying to cook pancakes a while back so I figured I'd tag along:lol:

Thanks I found another name on Liveaquaria.com Ghost Eel I am very interested in them.
The only problem I have is my helfrichi firefish. I would hate for the eel to eat him.
Do you ever have problem with yours going after your fish

JR

JR bear..... I explained that in my last post as well.. no problems what so ever.

Krish - hahaha, ya, that was a great sunday breakfast.... I still get made fun of from my roommates for that one. Sigh..... the battle wounds of the kitchen may never be understood by most ;)

ROFL!!! Well, I got food poisoning from Burger King this week so it proves you don't need to cook yourself to get wounded with food:p

Extreme Marine in Lacey...... they had three of these guys for like 6 months, and I picked up the last one that they had. I figured if they survived that long in their tanks, it could handle mine no problemo! :)

New shipment of zoos coming in!!!! Wahoo!!! SHould be here either tomorrow or the day after, depends on shipping.... im excited, as these looked like some really cool zoos.

Also, I need to go find some airline tubing so I can suction some of this detritus out of my tank.... anyone know a good place that carries that stuff? thanks!

Also, I need to go find some airline tubing so I can suction some of this detritus out of my tank.... anyone know a good place that carries that stuff? thanks!

How thick of a tube are you looking for? Places like Petsmart and Petco (can't believe I said that :p ) sell the siphon tubes or you can just usually go to any hardware store and buy the size you want by the foot. Atleast that is how it is here.

Congrats on the zoo's!!! Hope they get there in great condition:)

Okay, heres a quick update before I head to practice.....

The zoos are delayed, once again, by shipping. The person shipping the zoos to me went to the post office, paid for the shipping, and had it "sent"...... well, the next day, just to check if it had arrived, he noticed that the tracking number hadnt shipped yet. He called, and the post office had not shipped the box! Apparently the person who had billed the guy had not charged him enough (2 dollars short), so the package had been held! They didnt even call him or anything, just let it sit there waiting. Fortunatly, it had only been a day and had been stored in some decent temperatures. The guy I am getting the zoos from hurried back and picked up the package, reacclimated all the zoos to his tank, and now we are waiting till next week to ship. The shipping company wasnt taking fault over it, but has fully refunded the cost and will pay for USPS express shipping this time around. Sigh..... dodged a close one there. ;) Though it does delay my happiness of getting new corals, it has helped me in this way......

I got my siphon tubing finally, and phase one of operation "Eliminate Detritus Crap That Is The Bane Of My Existence" has just been completed. I spent about 45 minutes siphoning the giant piles that had accumulated on the bottom of my tank. There is still a long way to go to get it looking pretty again, but it's a start. Ill be posting some new pics hopefully in the next few days........

Oh, and during this process, i found two small frags of zoos and one miniature mushroom floating in the debris! Wahoo for me, lets get them mounted!

Wahoo!!! New frags in!!!! Just got them in the mail today, and they are in the tank, so hopefully we will see some cool looking zoos/palys once the lights come on and they open up. Pics to come for sure!!!!

ya... problem is, so am i! The zoos/palys arent really opening up. The lunar eclipses almost opened fully the first day they were in, and now they are really really closed tight...... it could be a waiting game for a while. Ill be sure to get up pictures ASAP! i promise!

Okay, so the shipment came in, and the zoos were pretty pissed off... out of the 6 frags, i lost 2 of them (the lunar eclipse palys and some other random zoos) :( I was really dissapointed, cause the lunar eclipses were the ones that i really really really wanted............ oh wells

The other ones have opened up fine, so now i gotta find some time to take a few quick pics for you guys!

Easter weekend was crazy, as we had 4 games, my parents dropped in on me from out of state for a night, and i had a TON of homework... now things are getting somewhat back to normal (as normal as it can get with finals coming up and baseball still trucking)

Haha, sorry for the delay krish! You might not have a tank in your house, but you have a HUGE tank that surrounds where you live!

brady - baseballs going good. Right now our team has been playing really well (won the last 9 of 12 games or something like that) so it has been really fun. Hopefully the weather will shape up soon, cause im sick of playing in the rain and mud

Back