combining two tanks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Mandrake

I have a 120 gal. in my basement that I am in the process of setting up,I also have a 30 gal. running on the first floor directly above the 120. I want to plumb them together using my 30 gal sump with aqua c 180 skimmer and Iwaki 30rlt pump,the 120 has 2 X 1in.drains and 2 x 3/4 in returns.I would use 1 x 1in drain and 1 x 3/4 in return on the 30.

Welcome to RF mandrake! How is it that you really want to go about plumbing them together because it is hard to tell from your post? Do you want the 30 gal to overflow into the 120 and then the 120 overflow into the sump and then pump back up to the 30? Or did you have something else in mind like both tanks draining into the sump and the sump returning to both tanks? Also, where would the sump be located in relation to the 2 tank?:)

I would like to have both tanks drain to sump in basement sump beneath 120 gal. I dont like the idea of the 30 gal draining to the 120 gal. unless I have to.

I would say, get a large sump, and also, you will need a pressure rated pump to get up to the second floor, which may be a bit high of flow for a 30g tank.

-Josh-:cool:

Back