Come pick my brain...I know there are more beginners out there.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

AI Pheonix.....what is this you speak of

I just read the article....that upgrade had better be super cheap!!!! Do you know how much money I have spent on my AI SOLS!!!

Ok, come on, it's not like you bought a zune; they're still the number one lights on the market. As for the upgrade, wireless will be 49.95 a unit, but for the fixture I read that the upgrade from the original to the blues was 250. As for the storm applications, it should be a firmware update. And they say you can change the color of the fixture plastics. I don't know if the new Phoenix model is any better. It was only a user comment on YouTube that said it was 20% brighter, not AI. I don't know how you could get more light out of fewer LEDs. It looks like two nanos connected. Anyway, the price of the Sol went down 100, so that's good right?

Yeah that's good, but I already bought all 4 of my Sols. Oh well maybe I can afford to upgrade the coral prop tanks to LEDs in the future then. It would only take like 30 AI Sols or so. I may do the wireless upgrade though

I got a question. How did you get soooo wise ? old wise one. :)
you've only had a SW tank for around 3 years or so??

Question is more like with all the brain picking ...How much can be left??? lol

good job Seth

Mojo

Dang,

I will be the first to admit that I am not very knowledgeable in that subject at all. I have never used UV or Ozone so I never really monitored ORP as a by product. I'm sure I can rustle up Mojo or an article for you though,.

i like to used the UV to keep ORP to the level and maintain to to the level i want it by using with the controller,,possible will be the good for low mice

Last edited:
Dang a UV does put out a tiny bit of ozone at the glass/water interface but nothing really to right home about. I cant really see what it would do for your orp though, are you thinking about ozone??

Mojo

I am very new to the hobby. I bought a 55 Gal. tank that has been up and running 5 years, It came with two clown fish and since I have added a four stripe damsel and a velvet damsel, and most resent, a starry blenny. Everyone seems to be getting along great, or are they? The all hang around in the same corner of the tank? Is there something worng with the other side?

Could be flow , could be lack of aqua scraping (not enough seperate places for them to host) or it could be there just all getting along , all the damsels are hanging out in the same place also ? Some damsels tend to be territorial . But if the all appear healthy I wouldn't sweat it much

Yes every one on the same end of the tank. I have two pumps one on each end of the tank to move the water........I have a lot of LR so there are plenty of other places to hide, they just choose to stick together, all of them.

You should be fine , I have 2 pair of clowns that all sleep in the same corner at night but go there seperate ways furring the day

Back