Conduit Light Stand, HELP!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

See I'm still concerned about drilling into the stand as it's not wood. I'll figure something out. In the mean time I really want to start cycling :) My waters ready! And I still need to make more.

Careful use of screws and glue will work.

The stand I posted holds up to 66 lbs, and will fit on the rim as long as it isn't wider than 1.5"

With shipping it comes out to around $66 which isn't too bad.

The stand I posted holds up to 66 lbs, and will fit on the rim as long as it isn't wider than 1.5"

With shipping it comes out to around $66 which isn't too bad.

That settles it then!! Yahoooooo fer meeee!!! Thanks Gryphon! Thank you mfinn & spieszak too, for all the support!

I have a link on my home comp for a conduit light hanger. The bender at the local hardware store is simple enough imo to use. Ive reccomended ppl using it in the store or even returning the $40 tool after.

Should have a star or center mark. DIY mofos!
-d

In my case DIY is NOT cost effective. Cheaper to buy the above stand :) Also I'm not in the habit of buying something, using it, then returning it for a full refund. Simply put, it's dishonest!

In my case DIY is NOT cost effective. Cheaper to buy the above stand :) Also I'm not in the habit of buying something, using it, then returning it for a full refund. Simply put, it's dishonest!

I went to Home Depot and talked with the guy in the electrical department and explained that I needed 1 bend in 2 pieces of conduit, and he volunteered to do the bends for me using a bender that was on the shelf. He thought it was silly for me to buy the $60 conduit bender for 2 bends, then never need it again.

That's wat I'm saying!!!! Not tryin to b dis honest. Being real.
U don't kno if u don't try nana. I'm same way.

I see wat ur sayin nana and I've done that too. I don't think this is that bad IMO. Not like ur an electrician or plumber who would need a pipe bender full time. My .02
Hths don't forget to show off the snazzy thing when u get er done.
Xoxo
-d

Back