Confused Clown

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Beeba

This sweet little percula clown has never been interested in any of my anemones and has been a loner most of the two years I've had him. Over the past month he has taken a liking to my green hairy mushroom coral. He snuggles in it as if it were an anemone. Is this odd?

Nice picture.
Mine lives in a big ugly cup coral that I really want to get rid of, but dont have the heart.

Don

i don't think he's confused Beeba and it's not odd, mine right now is hosting a hairy mushroom and xenias.
she hasn't been interested in the anemone i have.
I believe that once they found something that they like they stay there.:)

I'm glad he has finally found someplace to call home. He has always just hunkered down behind my rock at night. He is so cute in this hairy mushroom.

be careful with your fingers, If anything gets near my paired up gold striped maroons furry mushrooms it gets attacked.... mama clown took out the blenny last nite... blenny's ok, but he got tagged hard...

Beeba said:
This sweet little percula clown has never been interested in any of my anemones and has been a loner most of the two years I've had him. Over the past month he has taken a liking to my green hairy mushroom coral. He snuggles in it as if it were an anemone. Is this odd?

What anemone(s) do you have in your tank?

- Ilham

I used to worry about my female hosting in my giant rhodactis. The mushroom would close up around her so you'd only see her face peeking out. I thought for sure she would be an expensive dinner, especially since that mushroom has eaten shrimp in the past. Apparently it isn't a problem, because more than a year later, the shroom has given up trying to eat clownfish and it's all cuddly love now!

Back