Convict Tang doesn't look so good.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Has anyone ever ordered from saltwaterfish.com? Are they any good? I was checking out their website and they have a lot of cool things that i want to get. I was thinking about picking up a few cleaner clams and placing them in my fuge.

I have and in fact they are filling me an order to ship today.
Great outfit with excellenent guarantees and fast shipping. Cheap shipping on $75+ and every week amazing bargains such as this month $7.99 emerald green Ricordias

thats all i needed to hear. I will see what comes in tommorow and if my convicts don't fit the bill i am going to place an order through them.

I have and in fact they are filling me an order to ship today.
Great outfit with excellent guarantees and fast shipping. Cheap shipping on $75+
Well win some lose some. My most recent order arrived. Was the tiniest specimens I have ever seen bar none. For example, the cleaner shrimp was under 3/4", looks more like fish food!
Wrote them to complain, will see how they do on satisfaction...

how about Reefer madness??!! :p.
i have heard decent things about that one and they have convict tangs ... anyone with good reviews on that store?

Reefer madness has great stuff and good service. Only downside is high prices, but you get what you pay for, literally

p.s. No reply yet from Saltwaterfish.com. Might have to generate a chargeback...

Reefer madness has great stuff and good service. Only downside is high prices, but you get what you pay for, literally

p.s. No reply yet from Saltwaterfish.com. Might have to generate a chargeback...

LOL!! i cheched both stores and i see what you mean :D:p.

A LFS near me just got in two convict tangs yesterday 3" each. I am going to check them out today and if they are good i will grab em. Hopefully they will do okay. If they look bad i am gonna pass on em and just place an order with the DR's.

Well i just placed two large orders through Reef hot spot and Reefer Madness. I should have some really awesome zoanthid colonies by this Weekend. I just hope they do alright.

When you say reef maniac are you talking about reefer madness or this a totally different place?

Oh well thats good. Hey let me ask you a question about reefer madness and their coral. Do you get exactly what you see in the picture or is that just a represntation of the coral? I hope not.

Finally a response, but all bad. My second mistake was using a debit card in lieu of credit whereas I could initiate a chargeback. The first mistake was assuming they were not crappy to deal with.

Cleaner shrimp was 3/4 and died. Cleaner wrasse was 1 1/2 inch, torn fin, spot on side, and is now MIA. The "bag of 100 pods" was just green water, no pods. The emerald crabs were from 3/8" to the largest was 1", one arrived DOA. The snails and hermits were microscopic. I suspect that they prefer tiny stuff as they pack them in bags that couldn't displace more than 5-10 ounces and have cheap shipping. Cheap outfit that promotes guarantees, but fails to do so...

Back