Cool, I just sold photos.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blazer88

A manufacturer of aquarium chillers saw some of my pics and asked if I would be interested in selling them for labels, brochures, and packaging. They asked me how much I wanted and I really had no clue what to ask, I thought $50 per picture sounded high so I asked for $75 :) Sure enough they liked 12 of my pictures and offered me $700 to license them the rights to print them. How cool is that? I just signed the contract and am going to mail them the CD tomorrow. Now my wife can't make fun of me when I sit in front of my tank with my camera! Now it's time to get a new lens :D

Last edited:
What pictures? Show us :)

Congratulations, that will be fun for you to watch go to market.

If you are interested, PM me I will discuss the Reef Crystals picture that they are using from my old reef tank which is currently used on the Reef Crystals product labeling :)

11-13-04_reef_crystals_framed.jpg

Here are a few of the shots they decided to go with. Not necessarily what I may have picked, but I wasn't going to say no, lol. They were specifically looking for macro shots of mostly corals but wanted a few fish pics. I was really surprised to read through the contract and see that I still have full rights for the pictures, I am licensing the shots to them only for print and web. They can't sell the pictures or make them into something like a shirt or calendar so I still have the copyright on them.

_MG_3808.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

_MG_4069.jpg

IMG_0411.jpg

_MG_4093_DxO.jpg

_MG_3776.jpg

Rick how much do you want for camera lessons?
I need some tutoring..

Ha Ha

Great pictures I have always thought your shots are the best I have seen..

Matt

Thanks for the comments guys. The best advice I can offer is know post-processing techniques (photoshop, etc). I think that has added the most to my pictures.

Back