Coolest pic I got yet

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Myteemouse

NOTHING
besides my SW pics..

june8003.jpg

hand held shooting straight down on a single stalk of some ground cover in my back yard right after rain on sunday, it is a drop (a ball of rain water if you will)) stuck on the top of it :)

I could tell it was a drop of water, the great thing about the shot is it makes it looks like a crystal/diamond. Where most droplets of water show distinct reflections.

I could tell it was a drop of water, the great thing about the shot is it makes it looks like a crystal/diamond. Where most droplets of water show distinct reflections.
if you look close you'll see the surface tention on the drop of water is suspended on the tips of the plant

if you look close you'll see the surface tention on the drop of water is suspended on the tips of the plant

I really like this shot I zoomed in and you can see your reflection a little as well, did you do any PP (sharpening or contrasting)? Something that has been on my short list is extension tubes, have you ever looked into them?

I really like this shot I zoomed in and you can see your reflection a little as well, did you do any PP (sharpening or contrasting)? Something that has been on my short list is extension tubes, have you ever looked into them?
Just used photoshop and "unsharp mask" at 1 pixel 60%
then cropped it down. thats it

Looks really good, what kind of camera are you using?
canon XSI w 18-55 lens

Compliments from me also. Awesome! The water droplets really do look like crystal or diamonds, which is helped by plant tips. This shouldnt actually be surprising as water really has crystalline structures, hexagonal micro-clusters can usually be found in the best waters.

Back