Coral Beauty- reefsafe?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I agree it is hit or miss. I have a Coral Beauty that ate all of my green star polyps and almost wiped out my xenia. I ended up having to "re-aquascape" in order to get it out of the softy tank and into my FOWLR. I think you take a risk with any angel. I had a flame angel that did not bother anything but I lost it the power outages this winter:(

I agree it is hit or miss. I have a Coral Beauty that ate all of my green star polyps and almost wiped out my xenia. I ended up having to "re-aquascape" in order to get it out of the softy tank and into my FOWLR. I think you take a risk with any angel. I had a flame angel that did not bother anything but I lost it the power outages this winter:(

I'll take the coral beauty from you, I need something to trim my Xenia back :D

The one I got about 4 weeks ago, completely mowed down my xenia, blasted through a frilly carnation type of coral (hot pink, ugh!!) and seems to be doing it when no one is around!! Sneaky little fugga. Never had that problem until I got him. I've just given up to the fact that I will not have any xenia for now. He is very beautiful though, has a great personality and gets along with everybody in the tank. It's all about the give and take.............

:oops:

mine must be pretty young. Lived here for a year is very purple and eats forumla(sp look at the time!) one and two and bubble algae (hurray!)

Mine
coralbeauty.jpg

i find that both of myb angels nip at corals if i am not constantly dropping food in the tank. so basicly i overfeed and do lots of waterchanges and have no problems

I've had one for three years in a mixed reef, no problems with anything, I think most of the centropyges are reef safe more often than not, but it's always a roll of the dice...

Back