Coral ID: looks like a table, but not?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

arc

I bought this coral at the LFS and I'm needing some help IDing it. I thought it was a table, but was advised it might be a granulosa. What do you think?

002_2.jpg
[/IMG]

very possible but cant say for sure because it is small.. They have been coming that way.. should be a great find and with the right conditions and lights it could be great. Keep loripes in your mind as a possibility. Maybe a veiw from the top that is closer.

Not sure what it is but great find!!!!! I want to tag along so maybe I can find out what it is and try to acquire one myself.

Great Coral and hope it holds it's color for you. Put me first on you're list if you ever decide to frag.

Congrats on a beautiful acquisition
Duane

it will be impossible to ever ID this/any such cultured frag to the species level. Morphologically... they become indistinguishable at a species level when cultured in aquaria - so says Veron and most experts.

Ohgee said:
Not sure what it is but great find!!!!! I want to tag along so maybe I can find out what it is and try to acquire one myself.

Great Coral and hope it holds it's color for you. Put me first on you're list if you ever decide to frag.

Congrats on a beautiful acquisition
Duane

Thanks Duane! I will keep you in mind for a frag. Its going to be a bit before I frag it though. Had it about 2 weeks now and no color loss yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I'm keeping it under 400W Coralvue Refluxes.

Ya I know it'll take a while before you frag :) Let that beautiful thing grow. It will soon be a center piece for your entire tank.

Back