Coral Life Super skimmer 220

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

warforged

MMORPG Addict!
I need someones view on this skimmer. DonW and I are going over refugiums and he suspects my skimmer may not be good enough..but because he is not familiar with my skimmer he said ask Skimmy...

I dont know who that is so I will just throw this question up in the appropriate section.

Is my Coral Life Venturi Super Skimmer 220g good for a 55gallon tank?

hmm,well those are pretty crappy so,
i'd say off the top of my head yes, upgrade as soon as you can comfortably afford.
in the mean time, if it's in a sump, i 'd say mesh mod that thing.

Its plenty for a 55g imo. If you run it as a hot you need to keep your tank level constant for it to work well. They do much better in sump with a constant water level though. And as a hot you'll have a few overflows for no reason.

It's Hob....and I always keep my Ro/Di nearby to keep the water level just right.... I dont have the issues I have read about ... the bubbles diffuse just fine... I also altered that outtake some i have zero problems with it.

As for skimming I get the dry or wet as I desire with a simple nob twist...the bubbles are intense and it has a cyclone effect in the water chamber a tornado of micro bubbles..

Its much better than the last one I owned the 60g rated...the largest one they make I bought and its far superior in the bubble creation ...

Now I would like to know why Skim finds this skimmer to be bad..I am all for feedback with detail so I can understand to.

Back