Coral Shrimp in a new tank?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

kurt

I'm starting my 30L gallon fish tank and was wondering if I transfered my coral shirmp and live rock from my 24 gallon if he will die or live.

I'll have live sand and I plan on using some of my live rock in my 24 and buying new live rock for the 30 gal.

Thanks

If the tank is just set up then you need to wait a couple of weeks, but then you should be good.

good luck
-augustus

If the tank has to cycle (which I'm sure it may from the new rock) and will possibly experience an ammonia spike, I wouldn't add him in there or any other livestock as it can be fatal to them until the tank has cycled and ammonia and nitrite have dropped off just to be safe. Just a thought...I have a coral bandit shrimp I caught out in the wild here and love him! Really cool addition! Good luck on the new tank:)

I might wait a couple of weeks then before adding him to the new tank from the old tank. Will he be okay without live rock for a week or two?

If you are just moving the entire contents of one tank into another, there is less chance of cycling. If adding new rock, it will cycle.

Back