coralife skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I actually have two of 'em :) The picture is what the CSS220 pulls out of my 65 gallon, I don't think I could be much happier. I also have the CSS65 on my 20 nano.
Skimmate.jpg

I've been using my CSS220 for about 8 months and never had any leaking problems. I figure for the price ($179) I can deal with the fact they use a RIO pumps. I still think they are the best bang for the buck for a hang-on skimmer. I've seen some great deal on EuroReef blems that are being sold on ebay, but those require some room in-sump.

Ive got the css65 on my 30g. It works great doesnt leak, isnt very noisey. i did take some adjusting at first and i had a bad bubble problem but the techs on there website were real helpful. I wouldnt trade mine. the only real mod i made was a pvc surface skimmer.

I suppose you could. Youd have to fit the ventury and match the gpm. But why fix it if it aint broke? I dont think a different powerhead would make it perform any better.

you could out a sedra needle wheel on there if you wanted to, you might need a bushing between the pump and the skimmer body to accomodate the potential size difference, you could put any needle wheel pump on it for that matter as long as the gph was similar to the original pump.

i've happy with my cs220 on my 55 gal reef, looking at making a 20 reef and will probably go with a cs65 unless i can get a better skimmer cheaper (unlikely)

Back