Could use a little help picking out the right Neptune controller....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

King_Neptune

Skimmer Skuzz
Im doing the research right now as it is, but I thought I would also ask for some advice as well. Here is the back story:

Recently I decided to go with a pair of Tunze 6105, on sale for $280
Turbelle® Tunze Stream® 6105 (Controllable 792 to 3,434 GPH) - English

With this choice in power head, I was going to need a controller. I looked at the DIY control box, but for several reasons...its really just not what I want. Instead of shelling out $240 for the nice Tunze box, and since I had my eye on getting a system controller anyways, I decided to commit to the Neptune Apex.

Right now, I have just my main system. But next summer I want to set up a second frag tank. So Ill want an upgradeable controller that can handle another system. Is this possible with the Apex lineup?

I guess in a nutshell, I need help with my shopping list.
For starters I want to do the following:
1. Temp monitor
2. PH monitor/controller(this goes to the solenoid on my calcium reactor right?)
3. Salanity monitor (how accurate are these anyways?)
4. Power head/Wave making controls
5. Lighting timers
6. Push button feed mode, (i.e. a few buttons pushed to shutoff return pumps/powerheads)

Thanks for any thoughts.

Yep!
I have my apex doing all of that except the salinity monitor.
I find that with a good refractometer, and an auto-top off, there really is no need.
About the only case I could make for a salinity probe is for an alarm in the event that your topoff failed.
I am not using Tunze, so I can't speak to how well that interfaces, but I do use the apex as a wavemaker.
It supports two pH probes or 1 and orp out of the box.
You can add the 8 plug power modules so power is no issue.
You can add an additional probe module to control the temp and pH in the second tank.
Did I miss anything?

-Todd

Back