CPR Bak Pak Protein Hang on Skimmer

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

my cpr dual backpac2r sucks or mabe its just user error. but I got bubbles again after I switched to a new maji jet still got crap bubbles... I need a airstone... I am not happy with the $250 peice of crap I bought (midway pets needed a skimmer in a hurry). hope things go better for you...

I could never get my bakpakR2 to not produce bubbles. The way I finally got rid of the bubbles was to read reeffrontiers daily until you find someone selling a Remora and jump on it!! I have had not a single bubble with the Remora and it skims like crazy, much quieter too. Just my 2 cents.

LarryB said:
I could never get my bakpakR2 to not produce bubbles. The way I finally got rid of the bubbles was to read reeffrontiers daily until you find someone selling a Remora and jump on it!! I have had not a single bubble with the Remora and it skims like crazy, much quieter too. Just my 2 cents.

Yea your right.....the remora is much quieter. I have a friend has a remora and his tank is in he's bedroom. Mine's in the living room so...I'm not bothered by noise but it's not too bad. My other friend recommended to instead of using an airstone cause it's produces bigger bubbles, to rather use a woodchip difuser. That would make the bubbles more finer. So....whenever my friend can order that difuser, gonna switch from the airstone to that. Do you want change for that 2 cents you got there?

I just saw your pictures your tank looks great. I would recommend that you tank the blue bio-bale out of your skimmer, and slide the airstone in a little further. You have a nitrate trap with the bio bale.

mmkeeper said:
I just saw your pictures your tank looks great. I would recommend that you tank the blue bio-bale out of your skimmer, and slide the airstone in a little further. You have a nitrate trap with the bio bale.

All right..I'll do that tonight. You mean move over to the other side?

I just bought a 2 inch limestone today at a LFS. It's from coralife. Cost about $3.50. Works great! The bubbles are more finer and the airstone is stronger than the regular blue airstone.

Back