crazy nice Italian tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

zeovit is very similar to the white "rocks" media you used to see mixed with
carbon in the old fresh water under gravel filters, it removes ammonia.
the idea is to have a media that competes with your zoezanthella(sp) for nutrient, so you put zeovite into it's own reactor in your sump, feed it grossly expensive elements, bacteria, and food, and it will suck the life right out of your zoezanthella, to the point that you almost kill it, but keep it hanging on for dear life, in the mean time, after six months of this, your coral pigmentation is supposed to outcompete your zoe. end result- you either double the intensity of your corals color, or fry everything.

sounds great if your wealthy, german, and bored :lol:
p.s. i am german! but im still not going to try it.

Actually the Italian tank has returned to using Zeovit. He swithched to the HGH method(popular overseas in some countries) to see if he could not improve his growth even more, but after his tank started taking a decline, he switched back to using Zeovit again.
As for Zeovit making your corals "unstable", it is quite the contrary, my tank and has never been more stable in its life. As for the RTN(rapid tissue narcrosis) it will usually wipe out a coral very rapidly. You can see by the pictures that there is NO RTN is his tank. He may have some STN on a some corals, but anyone that keeps SPS can attest that that can and will happen to some corals no matter what method, or products you use. Heck put too much Phosban/Rowaphos in your tank and you just might end up losing most of you SPS collection.

It is not dicussed on RC much, because as soon as it is brought up, then it is turned into something sour, and a person who uses Zeovit is the one to always get banned. RC has been unfriendly to discuss about Zeovit by a few of the MODs there.

Skipper,
The only thing that comes close to $100 for 50ml is the Bak, which the 50ml size is for extreamlly large tanks. The 10ml Bak lasts me ~3 months on 125g tank, and it sales for $19.99. You can actually start on the Zeovit system for under $125(not counting a reactor). The continual operating expense is lower on the Zeovit System that having to use one bag of RowaPhos a month.
Anyone who wants detailed info or has questions on Zeovit is more than welcome to post in my Vendor Forum to get info.
There is alot of misinformation about Zeovit that is spread by people who have never used it, or actually no understanding on how it works.
You do not have to be Wealthy, German, or Bored to notice that most of the top tanks in the world are on Zeovit.

Brian

Italian Tank & Nice Pictures

Thanks for sharing this Brad! :) It is quite amazing! I cant belive this tank is only 1 year old. I am amazed on how this person can and is able to keep all the Coralline allege off the tank glass If you look at the Frag Grow out tank its bare & clean??? You can see a little in the lower tank Under the Frag Grow out tank.. But still?? How is it done other than scraping once a week???
Love the SPS wish It was mine!

bradreef said:
check out the large bright yellow stag.

but after his tank started taking a decline, he switched back to using Zeovit again
Brian I heard that he did experence better tissue growth with this GH, (what ever that may be) but lost some of the color.
It is not dicussed on RC much, because as soon as it is brought up, then it is turned into something sour, and a person who uses Zeovit is the one to always get banned. RC has been unfriendly to discuss about Zeovit by a few of the MODs there.
Yea here ya thier. I have never really understood that. Thier are lots of different products out thier that I think are smoke...but to ban folks over it?? not sure about that. I might take you up on that detailed explaination Brian its been hard to get accurate info.

MIke

Redeye he uses 3 x 400 watt 10K bulbs from evc and runs them on ice cap electronic ballasts.

Hiya invincible, thats a nice tank also. I went to his website and he mentions only being on zeovit for 4 months originally and then stopping for a year and then just starting up again for the last few months. I noticed the Italian fella seemed to quite for an extended period also. Is growth sacrificed with this zeo system?? kinda like the use of higher kalvin bulbs???

Mike

mojoreef said:
Redeye he uses 3 x 400 watt 10K bulbs from evc and runs them on ice cap electronic ballasts.

Hiya invincible, thats a nice tank also. I went to his website and he mentions only being on zeovit for 4 months originally and then stopping for a year and then just starting up again for the last few months. I noticed the Italian fella seemed to quite for an extended period also. Is growth sacrificed with this zeo system?? kinda like the use of higher kalvin bulbs???

Mike

Mike.. it all depends on the husbandry. When I first started ZEOvit, a lot of my corals started to grow out of the blue. I was quite impressed. I have recently seen a slow down in growth. I took Marco Haaga's tips on double dosing Amino's and also John Brachaue on feeding Golden pearls and I have definitely seen an increase in growth. The colors did get a bit darker and the tank has more of a dirty look. Before the sand was also crisp white and colors were more bright. :) Im still testing out the extra feeding and see how things get. :) Im still using ZEOvit with all the extra feeding and hope to find a balance.

Thanks for the honest answer invincible I appreciate! The dosing of amino's has always seemed like a tough call on the zeovit system. I know amino's do drive pigment, and play a general role in the require health. But the delivery system I have seen used in the veo system seems ineffecient. Amino's are like candy to all things living in your tank from microscopic to higher forms, dosing it directly to the tank seems like a tough way to try to get it to a critter that cant move (corals). Have you concidered saturating your food with it?? in your case the golden pearls?? That way you would have a much better chance at getting those amino's down to the coral. With the Amino's being the backbone of the system, it might be worth a try, might even allow you to cut back on the doubling up?

mike

Actually what I do is I feed the pearls early morning when the corals are wide open with longer tentacles.. that way there is more of a chance for them to catch something. I turn off my return for about 10-30 mins, slow down the powerhead flow and cross my fingers that some of them did catch some golden pearls. I also turn off my skimmer for about 1 hr or 2 but turn on my return within those 30 mins. I do sometimes add the AA's to the golden pearls and then I feed, but i wasnt consistent. Good call. I may end up doing this every time.

Yea just a thought, those AA's are really popular with all life forms, this might make it easier to make sure they get where you want them to go.

Mike

o.k., o.k., you guys are making the german tech geek in me want to come out, i guess at the very least i'd be willing to try it on one tank, i suppose if i got the smallest size of the bak & others i could probably be out the door for $350 w/ reactor and considering i already do big skimming and carbon, i wouldnt have any added expense there
mabye when i open my store, i dont know if i want to chance it on my home prop system just yet ;)

skimerwhisperer said:
o.k., o.k., you guys are making the german tech geek in me want to come out, i guess at the very least i'd be willing to try it on one tank, i suppose if i got the smallest size of the bak & others i could probably be out the door for $350 w/ reactor and considering i already do big skimming and carbon, i wouldnt have any added expense there
mabye when i open my store, i dont know if i want to chance it on my home prop system just yet ;)

skimmer $175 w/pump
small bak 19.99
small food 19.99
small start 44.99
zeolith 19.99/bag (good for 100 gallons per bag)
$279.96 w/free shipping :D

Give it a try you will love it. I have been on it since the start of it here in the USA.

reefaddict said:
all the zeo guys who were banned from rc started a site of there own. i believe it is called zeovit.com? i am not sure but i found it by putting zeovit in the search engine.the rest of the zeo users who weren't banned gravitated to that site also.i lurk there because i am interested in it(slightly) but it seems complicated and exspensive for the results you get. as time goes on i get less interested in it because i see fewer people doing it.how can this italian guy be wrong? i wouldn't argue with stags like that! :lol:

Its really not as bad as you think. Stop on over at z.com name on there is scottw ask any questions you have, good or bad. ZEOvit guys arent that bad.. we dont all bite :D hehe just invincible569 does

Back