crazy thought?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

daytonaconnecti

its seems this winter, in the room where my tank is at it is alot cooler in that room, then the other rooms in my house, iam thinking its the humidity from the tank, thats making the air moist and cooler, or iam crazy:)

Hmmm... humidity does make things seem cooler, but I don't know just how noticeable it would be... I would think the heat from the tank would make up for it. But anything is possible :)

Actually, humidly makes a room feel warmer

To me EVERYTHING makes a room feel colder. I figured Seattle winters are so miserable because of the high humidity (when it's 20 degrees and crisp, I don't feel cold... when it's 50 degrees and damp, I freeze to death). That's why I said what I said :)

Oh, but in the summer humidity definitely makes things feel hotter-I spent August and September in Chicago one year, when I first walked off the plane I felt like I breathed in lungs full of steam!

Last edited:
hmmm, may be it's latent heat effect? When water evaporate would cool the object that the water is evaporated from. Like the reason why we sweat when it's hot actually help us to cool down during the evaporation of our own sweat. Well, I am not a scientist but that's just the first thing pop out of my head when I saw your post.:idea: May be we have a real scientist in this forum that have a better fit theory. =]

Back