Crosshatch Triggers

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Beckmola24

Hawkfish
I was browsing through Scoot Michael's book and noticed that there are 3 types of Triggers that are considered reef safe. The blue throat, pink tail and the crosshatch. I found an article in Advanced Aquarist magazine, but I couldn't find any online for sale. Are they difficult to get ahold of??? What are their temperments like??? Also does anyone here have any pics they could share?? It's a toss up between a crosshatch or a blue throat. TIA

Thanks saltydawgy :) That's what I'm thinking too... Why do I always fall in love with the most pricey fish??? What are we talking about by "expensive"?? They are absolutely gorgeous and would really brighten up a tank. Anyone here have any experience with them??

The Atlantis price pretty good compared to what else I have seen. Keep in mind that the crosshatch also gets pretty big compared to a blue cheek or one that is not on you list the Sargassum.

i has 3 of them :
pinktail = high treasor specialy if is large specimen , , i have problems with him ,harm one large toodstool coral, eat federdusters and if you not feed your tank regulary can eat ornamental shrimps, he can stay with sps without problems of harm them
blue throad=maniatic feeder and sometimes dificult to aclimate. , no harm any corals,
socially but can harm ornamental shrimps
sargassum= same as blue trhoad
my only concern with the last 2 are exelents but them are selectives on choose the ornamental shrimp to eat , i`m not problems with scarlet shrimp(cleaner) and red blood , but with the coral bandded them chased all times ,i think that is more atractive to them
crosshatch = beautifull but too expensive
hopefully this can help you, goodluck
www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/oct2002/Fish.htm www.advancedaquarist.com/issues/oct2002/Fish.htm
pvillalba

Thanks for the input pvillalba. That's interesting that they go after the coral banded shrimp instead of the others in your tank. These triggers appear to eat zooplankton so what is the best thing to feed these guys??

well becky in my case i feed myssis shrimp,brine shrimp,fresh small fishes cuted on xtra small pieces and clams , in my tank i observe that the last two is the most atractives for them .

Sounds good ;) If I can get ahold of a juvenile male crosshatch, that's what I will try for. I've found a few sites that have them for an ok price. I found a male for around 250 and females for 150. I haven't asked my LFS yet, but they can always get rare fish for really good prices. I still have a few questions tho... Does anyone have problems keeping good color on their crosshatch triggers?? Also, anyone have any pics of one???

Back