Crystal Sea Marinemix & Bio-Sea Marinemix

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Oceanpure is Actually Branded by ViaAqua... ViaAqua is a Subcompany under Commodity Axis Inc... Taam (Rio) and Helios is also a sub company under commodity Axis inc...

There isnt too many salt Mfgs out there.. Oceanic, Kent and IO are all from the same company... Central pet I believe is the parent company in that whole ring there...

Its all one big Giant Monopoly... TLF uses the same mold for the Phosban reactor as Coralife uses for their Ozone reactor.. Same exact mold.. just different color... Hmm wonder if they are getting made by the same underlying company lol

James

Thanks for the input....

I think I will use Kent Marine! ? !!! !!!! ?

MikeS said:
Trying to decide what type of salt to use when I upgrade my 55 to a 75, and Tropic Marin is one at the top of the list, I have heard it is a good salt, so I would like to know how you back that statement up if you don't mind :D

MikeS

Mike - I don't know if Tropic Marin has changed their salt since the Bingman study, but The Composition of Several Synthetic Seawater Mixes - shows Tropic Marin much more elevated in PO4 compared to NSW.

You know you really have to look at all salts as pretty much crappy. The calcium/alk and mag. we all look for compromise very a very small percentage of the overall make up of the mix. The vast majority of the salt mix is sodium, chloride and sulfate. Here is where the problem usually arise, the raw material used for these elements are of a poor grade and contain much higher then normal impurities. ALL salts mixes fall into this problem, no matter if they are collected naturally or processed.

Best thing to look for is consistency, best way to research that is on the forums.

Mike

does anybody make a salt with analytical reagent grade additives?
im not aware of any at all, only food and pharm grade salts.
thanks for the salt comparison nikki, i can never remember where to find that stuff, i better start saving it all! :)

Last edited:
No one could afford analytical grade Mark, it would cost hundreds per bucket, I dont even think their are any that are pharm grade either.

Mike

Thanks for the link Nikki....

I still want to know where the "inconsistancy" statement comes from reguarding Tropic Marin...

MikeS

Back