Crystalclear125 49 gal tank build!!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

We will be drilling one hole on the right side of the tank and one on the back side inside the overflow box for a dual one inch overflow one lower and one taller (herbie style)
NO HOLES ON THE BOTTOM.
and one hole in the center in the back for the return line!

I would have thought you would drill the holes before you put the pieces together?

I didn't want the glass to flex and I wanted to make sure they were inside the overflow with room for the bulkhead!! just as easy no worries

I didn't want the glass to flex and I wanted to make sure they were inside the overflow with room for the bulkhead!! just as easy no worries

Knowing you, I knew there had to be a good reason.:D

I'm thinking of replacing my zoanthid tank and doing the same as you.

I want to go 4" wider and 3" deeper front to back, with the same height.
Plus it will have new glass. This tank was made in 1991.

thats lookin really good adam. thats going too look great next to the 125. something tells me you're going to be building your new big tank yourself lol

I used vinyl trim.. the bottom is 0ne inch and the top is the 1 1/18" corner trim..
RVT103 silicone from Grainger.

Tom I don't know if I would do a 220 "L" for my first big tank.. Kinda nerve racking with an inside corner and that much weight..
I think 1/2" glass would be necessary.. I don't know.. I got butterflies just thinking about all that water..

O.K,. got the bottom trim on three sides painted, three holes drilled and two bulkheads in.. I cant do the last one till I get the tank in place it's on the side and it would not get by the 125.
OH And the leak test was PERFECT!!! not a drop.
crystal49galtank029.jpg

crystal49galtank030.jpg

crystal49galtank031.jpg

crystal49galtank032.jpg

crystal49galtank033.jpg

crystal49galtank034.jpg

nice work! looks like you will have it in place when you said you were initially hoping to start the build LOL...

Very cool guys. You putting some black acrylic on the overflow glass or leaving it clear? We used the E6000 glue. It holds acrylic to glass great.

killer killer man looks great... on your overflow is the lower hole main drain and upper hole auxillary(backup)

Back