Cuban Hogfish..... Anything?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

AquaKnight

Would anyone have any experience keeping, or have anything to add about Cuban Hogfish? I would like to add one to my stocking list for my 125gal predator reef. The two things I really would like to find out are how coral safe are they. Wetweb seems to think they are the best fish ever but doesn't mention corals. But marinecenter says they might become destructive as they get older? Any validity to that? Also, I have planned a Harlequin Tusk, so would I have any compatiblity issues with them? (Being both wrasses, however how distant of relatives, and being from completely different parts of the world) Any input is gladly welcome'd! :)

They make a fine addition to an aggressive reef tank. They don't eat corals, but they do eat mobile invertebrates and other, smaller fishes.

It should get along with a Harlequin Tusk if the Tusk is larger than it.

I've never known them to change their behavior towards corals as they get older, but they can and do sometimes decide to 'rearrange' some of their surroundings.

Awesome thanks! I guess this would be a nice trade off fish with my roommate, which had his heart set on the horrid idea of a parrrotfish! :shock::badgrin::badgrin:

Does anyone know if they're more seasonal? I'd like to add him and the tusk together, and I'm noticing more tusks available online? Just where to buy the hog?

Back