Current USA Orbit lighting question

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

rorning

Hello all, not to long ago I purchased a 30" Current USA Orbit PC light fixture for my tank. It has two 65 watt pc bulbs in it, one actinic and one white. I have heard, from my LFS, that the fan supplied with this fixture should come on when the white bulb is on. So when only the actinic bulb is on, the fan would not be. Is that correct? If so, my unit came from the factory with the bulbs plugged into the wrong pins. Can someone confirm this for me? I cannot find a number/email to call Current USA directly and would appreciate your help.

I know it will only save me about two hour of "fanlessness", but that is enough for me to at least pose this question.

I bought the same fixture about two weeks ago. My fan turns on only when the blue bulb is on. I think it is OK. Remember that the blue bulb is the first to turn on and the last to turn of, so the fan is turn on as long as the lamps are on.

It is a great lamp. I love the moonlights. Aquarium looks Great. :p

If you find anything about the lamp, or if you find that the bulb are plugged in incorrectly, please let me know.

Thanks

Back