Current USA Orbit Lighting?????

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

monkey5150

I was looking to purchase a (4) 96 watt 48" PC Hood for my 75 reef and not many companies make them. So far I have found Aqualights and Current-USA Orbit.

Does anyone have any history/experiences with Current-USA Orbit products???

Thanks
Scott

Oh yes I am affraid of a DIY project involving electricity and saktwater even though I have (6)corallife 96 watt ballasts lying around my house..LOL

I have the "outer orbit" 48" fixture by Current. It has 2 130W actinics and 2 150W 10K halides. We've had it for only 3 months...but love it so far. They come with built in fans, ceiling mount hardware, and 2 timers. You can create true 24hr "set it and forget it" lighting if that's what you desire. They also come in a very attractive enclosure for hanging over the tank. I don't think it could be easily mounted inside a canopy...but knew that when we bought it. No complaints here!

Good Luck

Da Browns, What size tank is that over?
Crazy clown
Right now I am running (4) 96 watts over the middle three feet of my 75 gal reef and I really like the look and growth, but I want to extend my coverage over the entire tank.

I did MH once a couple of years ago and had nothing but problems, not to mention I really couldnt afford the electric bill.

But in refernce to MH do you have any suggestions?

Last edited:
mine is over a standard 150AGA. It was recommended by a LFS owner who is also a RF staffer. We told him we wanted to keep a majority of LPS & softies...then maybe a few SPS very close to water level as we became more experienced.

Yes the fixture doesn't "totally" cover the tank since it's 48" and the tank is 60", but it makes for a more variable and natural light conditions that would be found in different areas of a reef...some more light...some less...and a few shadowy areas.

So far we love it.

Back